Tryout Information 2018-2019
AAGHA Rep Tryouts 2018/2019
Registrationfor 2018/2019 Repteam tryouts opens March 26th. Please note the following rules and procedures for tryout registration.
- ALL registrations MUST be done on-line. Click the link below to register
- On-line registration will remain open until 8:00 PM 2 DAYS PRIOR TO THE FIRST SKATE OF EACH LEVEL OF TRYOUTS. Please note this deadline as you will not be able to register after your particular category is closed.
For example, Midget AA first tryout is scheduled for April 11th. Therefore, Midget AA registration will close at 8:00 PM on April 9th. Midget BB first skate is scheduled for April 18thso this category will close at 8:00 PM on April 16th.
- Online registration for tryouts is mandatory this year and is available to both current members of the AAGHA and non-members. Exceptions may be made however there will be a $20 surcharge.
Online Registration Fee
AA* Invite Only
Midget, Bantam, Peewee
A, BB & Bantam AA
Midget, Bantam, Peewee, Atom
Late (walk in) Registration: Fee above + $20.00 late fee [Total is $80 or $60 total]
**Goalies will receive a 50% rebate of their tryout registration fee however at the time of registration.**
- Tryout registration fees are non-refundable.
- All players are expected to challenge themselves and to play at the highest level they can.
- Players must tryout at a level that will challenge them as players.
Initial player tryout levels
All Rep players are expectedto challenge themselves and to play at the highest level they can. In the best interest of the association as a whole and all of its members the intent of this policy is to ensure that we ice the most competitive teams possible throughout our rep program. This policy will be strictly enforced. Player registration for tryouts will be cross-referenced against previous season’s level of play and will be subject to AAGHA approval.
Therefore, each player is expectedto try out based on the following criteria:
- i) Minor aged players that are remaining at the same division are expected to start tryouts at leastone level above their current level.
- PBB player must start at PA
- BB player must start at BBB
- MBB player must start at MA
- ii) Major aged players that are moving up a division are expected to start tryouts, at a minimum, at the same level they played the previous season
- AA player must start at PA
- BA player must start at MA
- PBB player must start at BBB
Exceptions to this policy will be considered but requests for exception must be submitted to the Rep Convenor in writing prior tothe first skate of the team that the player is “expected” to try out for.
- All players currently registered with the AAGHA will be eligible for Rep team tryouts. All other players require properly completed "Permission to Skate forms" or “Player Releases” before going onto the ice. There will be no exceptions
- Injured players unable to attend tryouts that want to be considered for a team must register and pay the tryout fee applicable to that particular team. They will be notified of status by the coaches of respective teams along with the other skaters trying out. After registering the coach should be contacted to explain/discuss the situation.
- After a team has been decided and tryouts have been closed, any player wishing to be considered for an open spot on a higher tier team during a tryout for a lower tier team must inform the coaches of each team and the Rep Convenor in writing prior to their first tryout for the lower tier team.In all cases this applies to a player who did not attend the tryout for the higher tier team.
For example; if there is an open spot on the Atom A team, and the tryouts for the Atom B are in progress, a player that wants to be considered for the Atom A team must notify both coaches and the Rep Convenor in writing before the first skate.
- All participants and their parents are required to be fully aware of all AAGHA policies that may apply during the tryout process.
- Tryout registration fees must be paid IN FULL prior to a player taking the ice for her first tryout session.
AAGHA 2018-2019 Rep Tryout Schedule
Good luck to all girls participating. Skate hard and have fun!