Registration 2023-2024 Season
Permission to Tryout requests
AAGHA members wishing to try out for another association must obtain a Permission to Tryout (PTT) form from their home association before they can try out for other associations.
Click here to request a PTS form
- In the email request, please include first and last name of player.
REP TRYOUT INFORMATION:
Registration for 2023-2024 Rep team tryouts IS OPEN! Please note the following rules and procedures for tryout registration.
- ALL registrations MUST be done on-line. Click here to register
- On-line registration will close at 6:00 PM ON THE DAY PRIOR TO THE FIRST SKATE FOR EACH LEVEL OF TRYOUTS.
- Online registration for tryouts is mandatory and is available to both current members of the AAGHA and non-members.
- Tryout registration fees are non-refundable.
- All players are expected to challenge themselves and to play at the highest level they can.
- Players must try out at a level that will challenge them as players.
Initial player tryout levels
All Rep players are expected to challenge themselves and to play at the highest level they can. In the best interest of the association as a whole and all of its members the intent of this policy is to ensure that we ice the most competitive teams possible throughout our rep program. This policy will be strictly enforced. Player registration for tryouts will be cross-referenced against previous season’s level of play and will be subject to AAGHA approval.
Therefore, each player is expected to try out based on the following criteria:
- Minor aged players that are remaining at the same division are expected to start tryouts at least one level above their current level. For example, a U15BB player must start tryouts at U15A level.
- Major aged players that are moving up a division are expected to start tryouts, at a minimum, at the same level they played the previous season
- U13A player must start tryouts at U15A
- U15A player must start tryouts at U18A
- U13 BB player must start tryouts at U15BB
Exceptions to this policy will be considered but requests for exception must be submitted to the Rep Convenor at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to the first skate for the division that the player is “expected” to try out for.
- All players currently registered with the AAGHA will be eligible for Rep team tryouts. All other players require properly completed "Permission to Tryout forms" or “Player Releases” before going onto the ice. There will be no exceptions.
- Injured players unable to attend tryouts that want to be considered for a team must register and pay the tryout fee applicable to that particular team. They will be notified of status by the coaches of respective teams along with the other skaters trying out. After registering the coach should be contacted to explain/discuss the situation.
- After a team has been decided and tryouts have been closed, any player wishing to be considered for an open spot on a higher tier team during a tryout for a lower tier team must inform the coaches of each team and the Rep Convenor in writing prior to their first tryout for the lower tier team. In all cases this applies to a player who did not attend the tryout for the higher tier team.
For example; if there is an open spot on the U13 A team, and the tryouts for the U13 B are in progress, a player that wants to be considered for the U13 A team must notify both coaches and the Rep Convenor in writing before the first skate.
- All participants and their parents are required to be fully aware of all AAGHA policies that may apply during the tryout process.
- Tryout registration fees must be paid IN FULL prior to a player taking the ice for her first tryout session.